Contracts And Agreements For The Digital Era
At the office of Brian J. Murphy, Attorney & Counselor at Law, our lawyers structure, negotiate and draft contracts and agreements for Internet, wireless technology and emerging New Media ventures with a particular focus on non-traditional, innovative, complex and constantly evolving new-technology platforms and distribution channels for the delivery of information and entertainment content to the consumer.
Our attorneys also advise and counsel our clients in the finance, production, licensing and sale of intellectual property content for distribution via the Internet, hand-held wireless devices, mobile telecom, webcasting and webisodes, streaming, video and interactive game platforms, and other emerging digital distribution channels.
Negotiating And Documenting Agreements
Attorney Brian J. Murphy has over 25 years of experience representing entertainment product content creators, owners, and distributors located in Los Angeles, Southern California and throughout the world. We are prepared to assist you with a wide range of web-based business transactions involving media and entertainment content.
If you are creating or operating a website or web-based business, talk to our attorneys about crafting:
- Domain name purchase/assignment agreements
- Website design and development agreements
- Website hosting agreements
- Website strategic alliance agreements
- Website co-branding agreements
- Website service level agreements,
- Website technical support and maintenance agreements
- Nondisclosure, confidentiality and trade secret agreements
- Trade secret agreements for both independent contractors and employees
We also represent clients in the acquisition and sale of Internet-based businesses and our lawyers also structure, negotiate and draft cutting-edge Technology and Software Development agreements, Software License Agreements, Software Source Code Escrow Agreements, Cloud Computing Agreements, Software as a Service (SaaS) Agreements and Internet Advertising Agreements.
Other Services For New Media Entrepreneurs
We counsel our clients on:
- Different financing structures for startup or pre-existing online businesses
- Internet advertising regulations
- Website content clearances, content licensing and “fair use”
- The enforceability of Website Shrink-Wrap, Click-Wrap and Browse-Wrap Software License Agreements
- The Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) of ICANN; and the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act (ACPA)
- Compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), its infringement, “safe harbors” for online Service Providers (ISPs) and the role the DMCA plays in the digital economy
- Compliance with the European Union’s sweeping General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), regulating data privacy for citizens of the European Union wherever they may reside or be located, effective as of May 25, 2018
- The newly enacted California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (Assembly Bill No. 375), regulating data privacy for California consumers, to take effect on January 1, 2020
We also advise our clients as to trademark rights in domain names, graphics, animations and other website visual elements as well as international e-commerce issues. And for clients seeking new ways to grow their businesses, we offer legal advice about brand integration and product placement within the new media environment.
Learn More About How Attorney Brian J. Murphy Can Serve Your Business
Contact our firm online or call 310-473-3500 to schedule your appointment today.