Comprehensive Client Service For The Entertainment Industry
We handle all legal matters related to the entertainment industry from the creation and acquisition of literary material and its development through financing, production, brand integration, licensing and distribution, including the exploitation of re-purposed content and other transmedia opportunities. Examples of our work include:
- Entertainment finance through co-productions, joint ventures and private investment
- Motion picture production (i.e., live-action, animation, CGI, 2D and 3D), licensing and distribution for all existing and new applications and distribution platforms (i.e., theatrical, television, Internet, wireless, telephony, etc.)
- Revenue creation through Internet and new media applications and distribution platforms, and other transmedia opportunities
- International motion picture co-productions/tax credits/rebates
- Government production subsidies and tax breaks in North America, Europe, Asia, the Pacific Rim and other foreign countries active in motion picture production
- Protecting rights to intellectual property and content in original and new media applications, including repurposed content and transmedia projects
- Representing and advising creative and technical talent: actors, directors, writers, producers, composers, graphic artists, designers and Web professionals
- Business transactions in the sports industry, from player contract negotiations to product endorsements, corporate sponsorships, publishing deals and new media opportunities
- Contracts and agreements in all facets of the entertainment industry
Our clients include animation and live-action motion picture studios, producers, directors, actors, writers, models, entertainment software designers/developers, talent agents and managers, as well as corporate professionals and companies involved with the production, financing, licensing or distribution of motion pictures through all existing and new applications and distribution platforms.
Call Brian J. Murphy For Responsive Client Service
All clients of the firm can expect personalized and resourceful service that reflects our commitment to your success. For additional information about the scope and distinctive nature of our entertainment law practice, call 310-473-3500 or complete our contact form.