Our attorneys offer practical and experienced legal advice for all motion picture and television employees and executives — call 310-473-3500 to learn more.
Actor And Director Agreements
Actor and director agreements establish the key business terms between the individual actors and directors, and the motion picture studios, production companies and television networks. Our attorneys structure, draft and negotiate effective actor and director agreements based on the specific personal, professional and financial needs of each client. The following terms are typically addressed in actor and director agreements:
- Compensation package and residuals
- Actor rights, obligations and responsibilities
- Director rights, obligations and responsibilities
- Union issues, requirements and responsibilities
Movie/TV Employee Agreements
We represent cast members, other motion picture and television employees and independent contractors in new or existing feature film and television projects. We focus on creating customized agreements that keep each client’s personal, financial and career goals in mind.
Effective Producer Agreements
A producer agreement details the rights, obligations and responsibilities of a producer in a film or television production. The terms specified in a producer agreement may vary greatly from project to project as the role of each producer may also vary. We focus on creating customized contracts that detail the specific terms of an agreement between the producer and the individual or entity seeking our producer client’s services.
Specific provisions in a producer agreement typically address:
- The specific services to be provided by the producer
- The length of time the producer will be obligated to provide services on the project
- The rights, obligations and responsibilities of the producer
- The producer’s credit requirements
- The producer’s compensation requirements, including back-end participation package
- Ownership rights of the producer
Contact Brian J. Murphy About Your Agreement
To learn more about how we can help you structure or negotiate the terms of your agreement, or our services in other entertainment law matters, please contact a lawyer online or call 310-473-3500.